At last the feature that many testers wanted and waited for is NOW available.
Today with the launch of Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server 2012 Update 1, you will find some new test features in Microsoft Test Manager in Visual Studio 2012 Update 1. And the among these features is the one that we waited long for it “ Cross Browser Testing with Coded UI ”
Now users will be able to perform functional testing of web applications across IE/Firefox/Chrome.
- Operating System: Windows 8 X86 Client/Windows 8 X64/Win7 X64/Win7 X86/Win2k8 R2 SP1
- IE version – IE9/ classic IE10
- Firefox version – 15+
- Chrome version – 21+
- Visual Studio Ultimate/Premium – VS 2012 RTM + VS 2012 Update 1 CTP
- Selenium NET Bindings and the Selenium ChromeDriver made available to you through an installer on Visual Studio Gallery. Refer to the file attachment “CUIT Cross Browser Testing Acquisition” for more details
The following features are available across the various web browsers:
- Recording support for actions and validation on supported IE browsers
- Hand-coding scenarios support for such things as control properties, search, and playback waiters.
- Support for popups and dialog
- Search resilience (via smart match) and performance improvements
- No support for Safari browser
- Browser launch needs to be part of the UITest. In case you have a browser already open and you want to run steps on the opened browser, playback will fail for non-IE browser windows. Hence, it is advisable to have launch too as part of the test case.
- Automating browser based actions such as Maximize/minimize/restore is not supported
for more info click here